Nancy Raven and Rich O’Brien
Just Me and Rich
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
Here is a collection of songs I have always loved. Now, thanks to the generous and magical help of Rich O'Brien, I found the courage to record it.
It was such fun to be in Texas for the first time, out on a country road, tucked into the Casey Jones Studio where Rich works his genius. Thanks, too, to Aarom Meador, our engineer, whose fine ear makes this sound so good.
Anything with a string on it is played by Rich, and the vocals are all mine, with the exception of some harmony on “Pacific Palms,” where Rich lends his voice.
I hope you enjoy our fun. Thanks for listening.
Musicians and helpers
- Nancy Raven: vocals, washboard, maracas.
- Rich O’Brien: all stringed instruments, backing vocals (Pacific Palms).
- Engineer: Aarom Meador.
- Cover photo: Martha Casanave.
- Gone Fishin’ (Louis Armstrong)
- Slow Boat to China (Frank Loesser)
- Crescent City Blues (Gordon Jenkins, 1953, from Seven Dreams)
- Someone to Watch Over Me (George Gershwin)
- Let’s Get Away from It All (Matt Dennis and Tom Adair)
- Angel Eyes (Matt Dennis)
- Java Jive (Drake, Oakland, Carlon, and Raven)
- Coast of Marseilles (Keith Sykes)
- Eres Alta (old Spanish folksong)
- Black Girl (traditional U.S.)
- Cell Phone Blues (Nancy Raven)
- Faces (Holly Near)
- Cowboy’s Lullaby (traditional U.S.)
- There, I’ve Said It Again (Redd Evans and Dave Mann)
- Talkin’ Want Ad (Janet Smith)
- If You’re Lucky (Nancy Raven)
- Barrel O’ Money Blues (Pete Seeger)
- Pacific Palms (Nancy Raven)
Total time: One hour
Produced by Lizard’s Rock Music, Monterey, California
Recorded at Casey Jones Studios, Burleson, Texas
Note: This CD is a limited release, and is not for sale.